While all Mr. Haverford contestants entertain, Guynes takes win

“Mr. Haverford is the greatest event, not just at Haverford, but in the whole world and for all of mankind,” Rob Keehn, a contestant of Mr. Haverford 2014, commented on his experience. I can understand his enthusiasm, as Mr. Haverford is always an entertaining and exciting night for students involved in or spectating the show. This year’s show, which was held on April 11th, was a lively entrance into spring break. The Back to the Future introductory video received many laughs, and introduced the audience to all the contestants.

Some highlights of the night were the dance to a Britney Spears medley, which really showed off all the contestants’ dancing talents, Andrew DePaul’s scandalous towel dance with guest star Ian Anstee, Justin Strupczewski’s twerking, and Mike Mogavero’s wrecking ball routine, which apparently resulted in a concussion. Mogavero ended up winning Mr. Penny, which is a donation to Philabundance.

This year’s Mr. Haverford, Aidan Guynes, suffered some technical difficulties with his talent. He was unable to sing “Raindrops Are Falling On My Head” using a loop pedal and had to skip to the rain dance portion of his routine. Unfortunately, the excitement of the dance was also diminished by the failure of raining thousand dollar bills onto the stage at the end of the performance. Even with this hindrance, Guynes’s elaborate entrance and HD video won him the title of Mr. Haverford 2014. Congratulations to Aidan and all the contestants this year for putting on an amazing show.