Top 10 Small Businesses in Havertown

Top 10 Small Businesses in Havertown

The businesses of Havertown are surrounded by competition and often overlooked, especially in comparison to vibrant and growing areas like Ardmore and Bryn Mawr. Despite this, Havertown has one thing that most other areas don’t—unity. Havertown’s small businesses are largely funded by residents who have been supporting their favorite local spots for years, making it unique as opposed to spots in the surrounding mainline area. Citizens of Havertown are much more community-oriented and would rather go to their favorite local spot every weekend than travel outside of the town. In my experience, Main Line shops have a variety of people from different areas, many of whom travel far to come visit. This contrast proves the strength of our Havertown community in comparison to other areas. In no particular order, here are my top 10 favorite small businesses in Havertown. This list ranges from classic spots that the community loves to newer spots and hidden gems.

Qing Mu: The amazing service, reasonable prices, and delicious food that Qing Mu has to offer are proven through its 4.9 star Google rating. Qing Mu is a Japanese restaurant located on West Chester Pike, offering delivery and pickup. They often go the extra mile, providing complimentary items such as miso soup. Customers often receive handwritten thank-you notes with their food, adding a heart-warming personal touch to the experience. I would highly recommend splitting the party platter with a group of friends or family since the platter comes with generous portions and many different sushi options. Order ahead at (610) 536-6588!

Sampan Inn: Sampan Inn offers top quality Chinese and Japanese cuisine, and is located on Brookline Boulevard, a hotspot for restaurants in Havertown. You may recognize it from its tall windows which span down and around the corner of the Boulevard, allowing it to stand out from the other shops on the street. The family-owned Inn has been open since 1993, and customers continue to come back because of Sampan’s top-notch service and food. You can dine in, order for delivery through Doordash or UberEats, or call ahead for pickup at (610) 446-3000.

Sweets on Darby: Sweets on Darby is a newly opened bakery offering cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and more! Stop by for some early morning cinnamon buns, or enjoy a taste of nostalgia with a classic, homemade chocolate chip cookie. Sweets on Darby also offers catering services and custom desserts for any special occasion. Call at (610) 550-3305 or order online for pickup or delivery!  

Koffmeyer’s: Enjoy a variety of homemade ice cream flavors from a favorite spot amongst locals. Koffmeyer’s has been open for over 40 years and started out as an old-fashioned cookie shop. In 2011, they added their delicious ice cream to the menu, and the rest was history. Koffmeyer’s offers delicious fresh-baked cookies by the pound, as well as over 25 flavors of ice cream. The shop is located on Brookline Boulevard, in the heart of Havertown. I would highly recommend their cookie monster and black raspberry ice cream. Stop by today for a pick-me-up!

The Head Nut: Check out this family-owned spot that offers an array of candies, nuts, snack mixes, coffee, tea, and more! Most of their items are sold in bulk, which will save you money and ensure freshness. For caffeine lovers, they offer over 80 types of coffee which include numerous flavored coffees from around the world. The Head Nut is currently offering a monthly special of walnuts, pecans, cranberries, and hazelnut spice coffee. All items listed are discounted throughout November, so make sure to stop by! For more information, call at (610) 642-3066!

Bravo Pizza Havertown: Craving Italian cuisine? Try Bravo! They offer a variety of Italian dishes, my favorite being their pasta alla vodka. They offer over 15 types of pizza with unique flavors, such as their General Tso’s Pizza or their Cheesesteak Pizza. They are located in Manoa Shopping Center, and you can call at (610) 446-3810 or order online!

Mark Anthony Paisano’s Pizza: Paisano’s is by far one of the best pizza spots in Havertown. Aside from pizza, Paisano’s also has amazing fries, salads, cheesesteaks, and more. Their upsidedown pizza is a must-have, so I would highly recommend it to anyone ordering for the first time. Call ahead at (610) 449-5040 for pickup or delivery.

Boccella’s: Boccella’s is a local deli on Eagle Road that has the best hoagies in town. Boccella’s has everything that Wawa has and more, and it is even better in my opinion. It is a family-owned spot and has plenty of indoor seating. They offer everything from sandwiches, snacks, desserts, and drinks. You may remember hearing about them earlier this year when a car lost control and crashed into the front of their store. Luckily, thanks to the support of the community, the store was rebuilt and is now back and better than ever. Order for pickup at (610) 789-2228 or dine in.

Sittin’ Pretty Nail Spa: This inviting, clean, and aesthetically pleasing salon offers manicures, pedicures, waxing and facials, brow and lash services, and more. The salon offers a peaceful space to relax and unwind. I get my nails done about once a month and have tried many different spots, and Sittin’ Pretty is by far my favorite salon in Havertown. Not only do they have talented nail techs, but the decor and aroma inside the salon create a comfortable and relaxing ambiance. They always have a 2000s rom-com playing on multiple TV screens around the salon, and the staff always decorates the place nicely in accordance with the season, adding a special touch. I would highly recommend Sittin’ Pretty to anyone looking for a quaint, quiet, and comfortable go-to salon. Check out their website for pictures and a more in-depth explanation of their services!

Mangos & More: Mangos & More offers acai bowls, veggie wraps, smoothies, and other treats. This tropical-themed spot on Brookline Boulevard is great for anyone looking for a healthy but delicious pick-me-up. I would highly recommend their ‘The Brookline’ acai bowl which comes with granola, strawberries, blueberries, and Nutella. They offer dine-in, take-out, and delivery, and are open Thursday through Sunday. Check out their website for healthy tips and more information on their menu!