Pep Rally Spreads School Spirit

Gina Ngo, Contributor

On Wednesday November 22nd, during fourth block, students and faculty of Haverford High School attended the annual pep rally located in the Juenger Gymnasium. This traditional event is aimed towards raising enthusiasm specifically for school spirit.

As usual, the concert band and chamber choir performed several songs to open the pep rally with both ensembles being conducted by students. Athletic recognition was given to the cheerleaders, cross country runners, field hockey players, soccer players, volleyball players, and football players.  The cheerleaders proceeded to showcase their performance which immaculately represented the spirit of our school. Certain school activities and clubs were also acknowledged. The Robotics club exhibited their mini Model T on the gym floor and handed out a few free t-shirts to students who cheered the most energetically.    

A group of seniors, biting on cups attached to an enlarged picture of a faculty member’s face, hilariously danced to a turkey song along with other ones. Sophomore Natalie Lloyd had this to say on the festivity, “The pep rally was really fun!  It was very entertaining and I loved watching my friends dancing while dressed as the staff”.

A preview of Red & Gold Night was also presented in the form of a game. The brief competition between the red and gold teams involved a tire, which was to be dragged towards one team. Whichever team dragged the tire towards its side the most times, was the winner. The presentation undoubtedly increased excitement for the upcoming Red & Gold night in March.

All of the students were keen to display their school spirit and great energy for a lively pep rally last Wednesday afternoon. The students and faculty were all encouraged to come out to the field on Thanksgiving Day to support the Haverford football team playing against Upper Darby High School in the 96th annual Turkey Bowl.