COUNTDOWN TO WINTER BREAK: 3 Standout Musical Pieces from the Holiday Homeroom Concerts

Cassidy Milewski, Contributor

On the 3rd day before winter break, The Fordian gives to you: three standout musical pieces from the music department’s annual winter concert.

1.The Orchestra’s selection from the score of the motion picture, Apollo 13

Each year, the orchestra wows with a piece from the score of a motion picture or soundtrack; this year was no different, with the incredibly moving score of the historically-based astronaut drama, Apollo 13.

Sarah Crispin

2. The Chamber Singers’ rendition of  “Carol of the Bells”

A choral tradition here at HHS,  the originally Ukrainian “Carol of the Bells” proved, yet again, a hit with the audience at the concert. 

Sarah Crispin

3. The Band’s traditional performance of the holiday favorite, “Sleigh Ride”

Each year, one of the winter concert’s most renowned performances is “Sleigh Ride.” The audience claps to the beat, sometimes to the chagrin of the performers, and bursts into raucous applause at the end.  Given its popularity, the band saved their best for last to get HHS in the holiday spirit. The musical number marks the informal transition to the end of school and the beginning of winter break. 

Sarah Crispin

Thank you to the orchestra, band, and chorus for your hard work this semester. We hope you enjoyed the winter concert, Fords!