2 days until break: what are students looking forward to most?

Fordian Staff

Tomorrow, December 23rd, is the last day of school for students in 2014. After a leisurely Winter Break, school will resume again on January 5th, 2014. With only eight blocks standing between them and vacation, students weighed in on the best parts of Winter Break.

EJ Canny: “I’m looking forward to spending time with my family. It will be nice to take some time off from the wear and tear of the school schedule! I’m also excited to celebrate the new year and enjoy the holidays.”

Kate Huangpu: “I’m mainly looking forward to the free time! I can sleep in, hang out with my friends and family, and do whatever I want. I think Winter Break always comes just in time to save everyone from drowning in schoolwork.”

Adam Simonson: “What I’m looking forward to most during break is our Christmas Eve meal. Our family gets together, and we have a delicious dinner that includes various types of fish. Then we talk about what has been going on in our lives. Finally, we go to bed so we can wake up to see the gifts Santa left us in the morning!”

Lulu Peach: “Winter Break is a wonderful time to spend with family and friends, so I’m definitely looking forward to that. However, my favorite part of break is sleeping, reading great books, and biking. During the school year, I’m always exhausted, so break is the perfect opportunity for me to make up for lost hours of sleep and gain energy to get through the second semester!”

Morgane Wojtowicz:  “I’m looking forward to seeing all of my friends that graduated last year, since they’re home for Break. I love just spending time with my friends and family, and also visiting New York!”

Jeremy Zalles: “I’m looking forward to not going to school, and just sleeping in. No school, no homework, just fun (and college applications). Not to mention the video game tournament I’m going to have on the 27th!