HHS alum Alex Giannascoli teases debut LP with new track

Dubbed “the internet’s secret best songwriter” by New York-based music publication THE FADER, HHS alumnus Alex Giannascoli (known professionally as “Alex G”) has been making waves on the internet with his most recent leak “Harvey” from his yet-to-be-released debut LP DSU.

The 21-year old Temple University junior (HHS Class of 2011) has been writing music for as long as he can remember, and has over 100 songs recorded and posted to his Bandcamp and Soundcloud pages, but June 17 will mark Giannascoli’s first proper release.

Another tease from DSU, “Harvey” has gained music critics’ attention from Spin magazine (a national publication), stereogum.com, and The Key, WXPN’s music blog.

The track displays Alex G’s knack for simple, lo-fi songwriting, but in the tune’s simplicity, the listener finds themselves immersed in layers of guitar, lead vocal, and HHS Senior Emily Yacina’s beautiful supporting vocal. Take a listen to “Harvey” below, courtesy of Orchid Tapes’ soundcloud, and pre-order DSU on the Orchid Tapes website here.

Harvey by Alex G