Homecoming Happenings at Haverford

Last Friday’s Homecoming Dance officially kicked off Homecoming season at Haverford. The 1920’s theme set the tone for the “biggest social event of the year” and continues into this week packed with exciting Homecoming activities.

UDHS vs. HHS faculty basketball game

Haverford’s faculty took on Upper Darby’s teachers in the annual faculty basketball game, held this year at Haverford’s Juenger Gymnasium. More coverage coming soon!

Bonfire and Powderpuff football game (weather permitting)

There is a strong chance of rain, but if weather permits, the bonfire will be lit tomorrow night behind the high school in preparation for Thursday’s conclusion of the football season. Immediately following the bonfire, the Junior Girls Powderpuff team will face off against the Senior Girls Powderpuff team at A.G. Cornog Field. Admission to both events is free.

Pep Rally 

A pep rally will be held for all students, faculty, and alumni beginning at 1:30 p.m in Juenger Gymnasium. The marching band, Chamber Singers, cheerleaders, Dance Team, and Cheerleaders of America will all perform. Students who purchased Class Color Wars t-shirts should wear them to the pep rally.

Homecoming Football Game at A.G. Cornog Field

Since 1921, the Upper Darby and Haverford High School football teams have been competing in the annual Turkey Bowl Thanksgiving Day Game. Haverford takes home field advantage this year, with kickoff at 10:45 a.m. Admission is $5.

Come out and support the Fords at any of the activities happening this week!