Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!

Ingrid Slater, News Editor

On October 24, members of the combined choirs migrated from the music hallway to set up shop in the West Commons for the annual Nutty Buddy party. For the past few weeks, singers from chamber choir and concert chorale have been exchanging letters with a specific “buddy”. But here’s the catch, everyone was assigned an alias, so the identities of the pen pals have remained a secret.

That is until this past Tuesday when students, wearing name tags with their respective codename and holding gifts for their Nutty Buddy, met the person they had come to know over the past few weeks. Freshman Sarah Wachs shared her initial feelings upon joining chorus “There’s so many people and obviously they all know each other, so I was pretty nervous.” However, Sarah seemed a bit more comfortable after meeting her Nutty Buddy, Senior Caroline Sessa. “It’s intimidating [talking to a senior]… but she’s funny” the underclassman explained as the newly introduced pair laughed.

Chit chat was not the only activity available at the party. Freeze dance (with music provided by the wonderful WHHS), trivia, and the most intense rock paper scissors tournament anyone in attendance had seen, were all highlights of the evening. “The games were fun!” commented Kamaya Finn-Ailer, a freshman, “And the whole rock paper scissors conga line… And the Butter Beer prize! Even though I didn’t win”. (Congratulations to freeze dance champion Megan Depaul, winner of said Butter Beer.)

But, undeniably, the best part of the party was the seldom experienced mingling of new and old chorus members. Choral council President Nikki Moscony claims this was the intent all along, stating, “We do this in the beginning of the year so that everybody in the choir can know each other a little bit better.” When asked about the secret to the success of Nutty Buddy, Nikki answered, “I think that as long as the council has a good sense of organization and communication, they can make anything happen.”

If this party is any indication of the rest of the year, the choir should expect more fun and success in the coming months.

1 Comment

One Response to “Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!”

1. Julir Foscon on October 30th, 2017 8:43 am

Sounds like fun <3

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!

News

Aspiring Business Professionals at the Pennsylvania FBLA State Leadership Conference

• Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!

News

Pit Orchestra and Tech Crew’s High-Caliber Contributions to “Cinderella”

• Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!

News

Voter Registration Drive: Fords Voice Our Vote

• Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!

News

Chorus Students Serenade Peers and Teachers on Valentine’s Day

• Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!

News

WHHS Radio Recruits Tech Enthusiasts

• Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!

News

Haverford’s Hi-Q Team Secures Another Victory in a Competitive Match

• Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!

News

Hi-Q Kicks Off Season Strong: New Team, Same Vision

• Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!

News

No Shave November: The Ongoing Journey of Raising Cancer Awareness

• Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!

News

Look out! Sudden Changes Surround Haverford Drama Club’s “Little Shop of Horrors”

• Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!

News

Haverford Provides Food for Over 30 Local Families This Thanksgiving

Haverford Chorus Goes Nuts!