Haverford High School Chorus Department Celebrates Valentine’s Day with Singing Valentines

Jake Fittipaldi, Editor In Chief

On Tuesday February 15th, the Haverford High School Chorus department gave out their annual Singing Valentines to hundreds of students throughout the day. In honor of Valentine’s day, students are offered the chance to pay to send a musical message to their friends, significant other, or crush expressing their love for eachother.

Each year the chorus department is split into different groups made up of different students and begin to prepare their performances. Each group has a particular song for a friendly message and  a romantic message.

Junior Julie Fosco describes the process of singing valentines as long but efficient. “We give ourselves a couple of months in advance to rehearse, and Choral Council sets up hearings to make sure we’re getting things done in an orderly fashion. They also make sure that our valentines are evenly distributed, and that people who requested certain groups get them.” says Julie. Thirteen different groups participated in the singing valentine process this year in order to accommodate the large number of valentines purchased by students.

Although a lot students who receive valentines are often times embarrassed at first, they eventually come to appreciate the hard work and love that goes into making these happen. Sophomore Jes Dillon says “I loved my singing valentine this year because I got it from my Drama Club little and it felt amazing to know that she loves me.”. In addition to students, many teachers also receive singing valentine’s from appreciative students and other teachers. “It is really nice to get a singing valentine from a student because it means that I was thought of and I just love the cheery spirit of the whole day” said sophomore english teacher Elyse Barrett.

The Chorus Department was able to successfully deliver all of their singing valentines day this year by the end of fourth block despite their overwhelming amount of request due to their hard work, practice, and excitement to be sharing their wonderful talents.