NBA Finals kick off tonight

Vince Sortino, Contributor

Tonight kicks off the first night of a long awaited event, the NBA Finals.  Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors will face off against Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.  Both teams enter the game with their fair share of injuries, and it’s sure to be a great match up.

Lebron James will make his 5th consecutive finals appearance, this time with a new team, certainly cementing him as the best player in the league.  On the other side of the spectrum, Steph Curry one the league’s mvp this year and led his team to a staggering 67 win season making his team a finals favorite.

Senior Tom Campli said, “I’m excited for the finals, I just want to see Lebron James get another ring,”  Many agree with him and are on the Lebron James bandwagon as he makes history season after season.  Him along with Steph Curry are arguably the most exciting players in the league to watch, Lebron being the best all around player, and Steph Curry being on of the greatest pure shooters to play the game.

“The way you stop Steph Curry is the same way you stop me, you don’t,” said Lebron James said.  With 2 elite offensive players, both teams look for their big men to step up, but the Cavaliers are missing a key player in Kevin Love.  Love went down in the first round of the playoffs against the Celtics as Kelly O’Lynyk grabbed his arm and dislocated his shoulder.

Although the Cavs face injury problems, the Warriors do as well, in their series with the Rockets both Steph Curry and their second best player Klay Thompson suffered concussions.  Curry played through his injury and Thompson sat out but will be ready for the finals despite his injury.  It will be interesting to see if the splash brothers can still bring it even with their head injuries.