HUDA looks to start season after snowy winter

With the tremendous amount of snow that Havertown has experienced in the past months, sports fields have been very slow to dry up. The Haverford Ultimate Disc Alliance (HUDA) has been antsy to start the season.

Varsity captain, Cooper Michaelis, says, “Waiting for the fields to dry has been really annoying. We only have about two weeks before our first tournament at Radnor, so we’ll see how well we pull together.” With the season already two weeks behind, HUDA hopes to be on the fields soon.

Although weather conditions have been dreadful, HUDA sponsor and coach, HHS teacher Dr. Pollard, encourages all the players to start running and throwing to be in shape when the season starts. Varsity captain Kyle Hartley says, “We’ve been trying to run small practices, just running and throwing since it’s been a while since most of us have even touched a disc. It’s important that we have these because of the shortened preseason.”

With the weather warming up, HUDA looks forward to officially start practices on Wednesday, March 19.