Best Buddies Club Welcomes New Chapter To The High School In Annual Thanksgiving Feast

While Thanksgiving is officially celebrated across America on the fourth Thursday of November, Haverford’s Best Buddies club opened the holiday season a week early, enjoying their annual Thanksgiving feast as a groupĀ on Friday, November 18th. All buddies and club members gathered outside of the auditorium to share in the meal and spend time together.

Traditionally, the club spends the last Friday of each month eating lunch and socializing with each other,Ā but they took advantage of the Thanksgiving holiday during the month of November to work together to enjoy aĀ large feast. The event was organized by the Best Buddies administration and senior President, Francesca Truax, along with help from all the club members and buddies.

ā€œEveryone in the club signs up to bring something in.” said Truax. “We bring traditional thanksgiving foods like turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and more! Everyone comes down during third lunch to eat together before the holiday.ā€

Haverford Middle School just created a new chapter of Best Buddies as well.Ā 

ā€œThis is the first year the middle school has joined with usĀ and I am having a lot of fun getting to know them.” continued Truax. “It is a great way for the incoming freshmen to gain experience in the club.ā€Ā 

The Haverford Best Buddies club hasĀ historically made the high school a much more inclusive and accepting place for people of all different backgrounds and continued this legacy with their successful feast.

“It’s really the perfect way to make sure that everyone is included,” said sophomore club member, Janna Jordan.